Mari Inouye and Ali Divita
Lower Body Exercises
Watch vaulting athletes and wellness professionals Ali Divita and Mari Inouye as they demonstrate five lower-body exercises for the equestrian athlete.
About This Video
Champion vaulting athletes, and now wellness and fitness professionals, Mari Inouye and Ali Divita demonstrate five exercises designed to improve lower-body and leg strength in the equestrian athlete, regardless of the sport or discipline. The video is broken down into two sections: an explanation of the movements in the exercise routine and the workout routine itself that you can follow along to. Want to just do the workout routine? You can follow along to that here. Be sure to watch Inouye and Divita's other Learning Center videos: Pre- and Post-Ride Exercise and Stretching Routine and Upper Body Exercises. Scroll down to see additional resources and read about the experts.
- Part 1: Breakdown of Exercises (01:07-09:52
- Heel Taps
- Explanation and Demonstration (01:07-01:51)
- Modified Explantion and Demonstration (01:52-2:10)
- Common Mistakes (02:11-02:47)
- Clam Shells
- Explanation and Demonstration (02:48-03:23)
- Modified Explantion and Demonstration (03:24-03:41)
- Common Mistakes (03:42-04:11)
- Around the World Lunges
- Explanation and Demonstration (04:12-05:38)
- Modified Explantion and Demonstration (05:39-06:06)
- Common Mistakes (06:07-06:56)
- Criss Cross Power Jacks
- Explanation and Demonstration (06:57-07:39)
- Modified Explantion and Demonstration (07:40-07:57)
- Air Squats
- Explanation and Demonstration (07:58-08:53)
- Modified Explantion and Demonstration (08:54-09:18)
- Common Mistakes (09:19-09:52)
- Heel Taps
- The Workout Routine (09:53-16:12)
About The Expert
Health and wellness professionals Mari Inouye and Ali Divita are the vaulting athletes behind The Mind Body Vault, an online fitness program tailored specifically for equestrian athletes.
Inouye, a native of Honolulu, Hawaii, is the winner of multiple national and World Championship vaulting medals, including a gold medal at the 2010 Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games™ in Lexington, Ky. An experienced equestrian and gymnast, she is now a health coach and certified personal trainer.
Divita, a two-time national champion vaulting athlete in the U.S. and WEG competitor, is a yoga instructor and integrative nutrition health coach. In addition to her career as a high-level vaulter, Divita also has cross-trained in rowing and gymnastics.
In addition to their online and in-person training programs, Inouye and Divita also are clinicians